categories - Category Theory list
* triples down
@ 1998-12-01 18:50 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 1998-12-01 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

The subject says it all.  In general, you should ALWAYS use the address
barr@math.mcgill.ca since I can adjust that for the viccissitudes of
computerdom.

What is happening is that someone is getting into it and sending out gobs
of material, enough to generate official complaints from downstream
computers and the CC here has turned it off.  This happened last summer
and we assumed it was ftp, but now we have turned that off, as most of you
know.  To make matters worse, our technician is a student.  We moved the
computer to the computer centre last summer because our offices had no air
conditioning and the CC absolutely will not permit students to enter for
any reason whatever.  I guess we will have to take it out.

* triples down
@ 2000-02-19 14:02 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2000-02-19 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list

The disk on triples died yesterday.  If you send mail to barr@barrs.org or
to barr@math.mcgill.ca, it should arrive normally.  However, any mail sent
between 9AM and about 5PM yesterday will have been lost.  As will the 199
messages that were waiting for me to act on.  Included was at least one
referee's report and one journal submission that arrived while I was away
and I had left there to deal with when I got back.  Which I did Thursday
night, but I hadn't done anything by Friday at 9.  So if you sent me
anything important like that recently, please resend it.

We should have triples back in service by Monday or so, but whether we can
recover the information on the disk is not clear.

Michael