categories - Category Theory list
From: Richard Blute <rblute@uottawa.ca>
To: "Ryszard Paweł Kostecki" <Ryszard.Kostecki@fuw.edu.pl>,
	"categories@mq.edu.au" <categories@mq.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Marek Zawadowski
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 07:36:45 +0000	[thread overview]

I’m so sad to hear this. Many years ago, Marek and I shared an office as postdocs at McGill. He was always a kind and decent soul, always willing to talk to any student who wanted his advice. I saw him again recently for the first time in many years, and it was like we were still postdocs sharing an office.

From: Ryszard Paweł Kostecki <Ryszard.Kostecki@fuw.edu.pl>
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 at 12:16 PM
To: categories@mq.edu.au <categories@mq.edu.au>
Subject: Marek Zawadowski
Attention : courriel externe | external email
With a great sadness and a feeling of a heartbreaking premature loss I
let the categorical community know that Marek Zawadowski has passed away
on Sunday, 3 March 2024.

The funeral will take place in Warszawa, on Monday, 11 March 2024.
(More detailed information is available here:
https://klepsydry.kupamieci.pl/powiadomienie/DBTQMS)<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/2eRpC4QO8xSNGMWQIOlqTH?domain=klepsydry.kupamieci.pl>.

I will miss very much his kind presence, sense of humour, and approach
to many things -- in research, and in life. And I will always remain
grateful for his mentorship, which has opened my mind to mathematics.

Here is a photo of Marek from 87th PSSL at Patras (in April 2008):
https://www.fuw.edu.pl/~kostecki/photos/_cqg/marek.jpg<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/SB2hC5QP8ySmO5KQFOayrC?domain=fuw.edu.pl>
and a photo of him, walking the path with André Joyal:
https://www.fuw.edu.pl/~kostecki/photos/_cqg/marek_andre.jpg<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/LSBdC6XQ68f2xj9AsmLD_4?domain=fuw.edu.pl>

Ryszard Kostecki

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>