categories - Category Theory list
* Chair of Mathematics
@ 2001-05-19  8:28 Ross Street
From: Ross Street @ 2001-05-19  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Category Theorists

A Chair of Mathematics at Macquarie University was advertised today
(Saturday) in the Sydney Morning Herald.  I notice that it has not
yet appeared on the appropriate Macquarie website:

http://www.pers.mq.edu.au/ads/index.html

But it should be there soon!  The reference number for the job is 19139.
The appointee "will be supported by a substantial start-up grant and
a new lectureship in the Department."

I would be very happy to hear from anyone genuinely interested, or of
good suggestions for possible candidates.

I would also like to point out that good opportunities now exist for
postgraduate study in category theory at Macquarie.  Australian
students can be funded by Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) as
usual.  However, new opportunities exist for international students
to have their fees waived and obtain a living allowance comparable to
the APA.  Of course, these Scholarships are awarded competitively.
See
http://www.mq.edu.au/postgrad/awards.htm

Our category group (CoACT) is eligible for RAACE awards:
http://www.mq.edu.au/postgrad/schl/RAACE.htm

I also believe there will be things called iMURS advertised soon
which include the waiving of fees.
http://www.mq.edu.au/international/graduate/

I would be happy to hear from, or of, prospective postgraduate
students interested in working towards a PhD in category theory at
Macquarie.

Yours truly,
Ross

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-19  8:28 UTC | newest]