List for cgit developers and users
* Show 404 when switching branches when file was moved
@ 2022-04-16  8:00 Marius Kriegerowski
From: Marius Kriegerowski @ 2022-04-16  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgit

Hi,

This is a follow-up from this thread [REMOVED AFTER I RECEIVED A REPLY THAT THIS MESSAGE WAS BLOCKED BECAUSE OF HTML…]

When looking at a file that was moved on another branch, switching to that branch still displays that file in its original state. Example:

[REMOVED AFTER I RECEIVED A REPLY THAT THIS MESSAGE WAS BLOCKED BECAUSE OF HTML…]

Switching in the top right corner to dunfell should make clear that this file did not exist under that name on the target branch (dunfel). E.g. GitHub is showing simply a 404 which I think is reasonable.

For comparison, the same file on the GitHub clone: [REMOVED AFTER I RECEIVED A REPLY THAT THIS MESSAGE WAS BLOCKED BECAUSE OF HTML…]

The current behaviour is misleading regarding what is actually there.

Best regards

Marius