List for cgit developers and users
* paging and sorting in the repository overview
@ 2011-07-20 11:57 thomas.moschny
From: thomas.moschny @ 2011-07-20 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

we are displaying a whole bunch (>50) of repositories via cgit, and
there's a small issue with the overview page: it seems paging is done
before sorting. Or, more precisely, repositories are first sorted
alphabetically, then paging is done, and finally the requested sort
order (for example according to their idle time via ?s=idle) is applied
to the page. I'd instead expect sorting to be done before paging.

- Thomas

* paging and sorting in the repository overview
@ 2011-07-21 10:30 ` larsh
From: larsh @ 2011-07-21 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 01:57:01PM +0200, Thomas Moschny wrote:
> we are displaying a whole bunch (>50) of repositories via cgit, and
> there's a small issue with the overview page: it seems paging is done
> before sorting. Or, more precisely, repositories are first sorted
> alphabetically, then paging is done, and finally the requested sort
> order (for example according to their idle time via ?s=idle) is applied
> to the page. I'd instead expect sorting to be done before paging.

Yeah, this looks like a bug - cgit_index_link(), used by print_pager()
in ui-repolist.c, doesn't honor the sort option. I'll push a fix
tonight (currently at $DAYJOB).

--
larsh