List for cgit developers and users
* Today is a big day for us
@ 2013-03-01 21:53 Jason
From: Jason @ 2013-03-01 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey folks,

Today is a milestone: kernel.org has switched to cgit!

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/

I've got the kernel.org folks copied -- if you guys have any questions
or feature requests or need anything at all to make the transition
easier, don't hesitate to send a message.

Jason

* Today is a big day for us
@ 2013-03-01 22:35 ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2013-03-01 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Awesome!

So since we have a high profile user, maybe it's about time we try to
integrate the latest git?

I had a shot a few months ago but know too little about git source code
internals to complete the task.

Any volunteers?
Ideas on how to do this?
Ask Junio for help?

On 01/03/13 22:53, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Today is a milestone: kernel.org has switched to cgit!
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/
>
> I've got the kernel.org folks copied -- if you guys have any questions
> or feature requests or need anything at all to make the transition
> easier, don't hesitate to send a message.
>
> Jason

Ferry Huberts

* Today is a big day for us
@ 2013-03-01 22:39   ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2013-03-01 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Ferry Huberts <mailings at hupie.com> wrote:
> Any volunteers?

Absolutely. I have three priorities for the next release of cgit --

1. flexiable but lightweight auth
2. upstream git
3. free() on all the malloc()'d memory after each request and when
possible during each request, to prepare for a future with fastcgi

* Today is a big day for us
@ 2013-03-01 22:52     ` valentin.haenel
From: valentin.haenel @ 2013-03-01 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> [2013-03-01]:
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Ferry Huberts <mailings at hupie.com> wrote:
> 2. upstream git

Not that I have the time, but how about using libgit2 as a backend?

V-