List for cgit developers and users
* HEAD tag when branch viewed
@ 2013-09-16 18:35 Eric.Smith
From: Eric.Smith @ 2013-09-16 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -
Is this the right place to ask a cgit question?  Shouldn't the red "HEAD" indicator reflect the selected branch?
Using cgit v0.9.2 the Summary display of the 'master' branch correctly displays the red "HEAD" indicator next to the green "master" indicator.
But when I use the 'switch' dropdown to display the 'develop' branch the red "HEAD" indicator remains where it was, even though the green "develop" indicator is now (correctly) displayed on a different commit.
The 'git show-ref' does have different commit shas for refs/head/develop and refs/head/master.
Thanks. -Eric

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* HEAD tag when branch viewed
@ 2013-09-16 19:04 ` john
From: john @ 2013-09-16 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 06:35:43PM +0000, Smith, Eric wrote:
> Is this the right place to ask a cgit question?

Yes :-)

> Shouldn't the red "HEAD" indicator reflect the selected branch?
>
> Using cgit v0.9.2 the Summary display of the 'master' branch correctly
> displays the red "HEAD" indicator next to the green "master"
> indicator.
>
> But when I use the 'switch' dropdown to display the 'develop' branch
> the red "HEAD" indicator remains where it was, even though the green
> "develop" indicator is now (correctly) displayed on a different
> commit.
>
> The 'git show-ref' does have different commit shas for
> refs/head/develop and refs/head/master.

The HEAD indicator is showing where the HEAD symref on the server
points.  By default this is refs/heads/master.

You don't normally see a remote's HEAD ref although it does affect the
default branch checked out by "git clone", but you will see it if you
use "git ls-remote".