List for cgit developers and users
* Translation
@ 2018-06-04  8:24 malte.kiefer
From: malte.kiefer @ 2018-06-04  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

first of all I want to say thank you for this amazing software.
I start to using it, and I really like it.

Then I wanted to inquire with you if you think about offering cgit in
multiple languages?
I would like to translate cgit into german.

Thank you

Malte
On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 10:24:24AM +0200, Malte Kiefer wrote:
> first of all I want to say thank you for this amazing software.
> I start to using it, and I really like it.
>
> Then I wanted to inquire with you if you think about offering cgit in
> multiple languages?
> I would like to translate cgit into german.

There's some preparatory work to be done to make CGit translatable.
Patches to do this would be welcome, but I don't think anyone currently
has plans to work on this.

At a minimum, we need patches to:

- Mark user-visible strings in the source as translated and generate
  translation catalogs

- Integrate translations into the build and install process so that they
  can be found and loaded when handling a request

- Extract preferred languages from the request and initialise gettext
  with the most preferred language that is available