List for cgit developers and users
From: dev at famic.de (Martin M.)
Subject: Private repos & auth
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 23:08:26 +0200

> So, what is the best practice for using private repositories beside
> public one in cgit? Any help is welcome!

After some more tinkering and going back to HTTP Basic Auth, I figured
out a robust and, IMHO, elegant way to solve my requirements. It may not
be the right approach for all because it relies on features of the h2o
web server. But since I recently switched to it anyhow, it fully
integrates in my personal setup (btw, h2o is a fresh breeze after years
of Apache configuration struggling and its performance is outstanding -
you might want to give it a try)

https://github.com/h2o/h2o/wiki/Hosting-private-and-public-repositories-with-cgit-and-Gitolite