List for cgit developers and users
* Nesting repositories under a common folder?
@ 2019-07-24 18:01 reuben.popp
From: reuben.popp @ 2019-07-24 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

Excuse me if this has been answered before, but is there a way to nest
repositories under a common directory visually in cgit?

For example,

root_directory (not a repo)
|- Project A (directory, not a repo)
|       |- Project A component 1 (repo)
|       |- Project A component 2 (repo)
|- Project B (repo)
|- Project C (directory, not a repo)
|       |- Project C subproject AA (repo)
|       |- Project C subproject AB (repo)
|       |- Project C Archive (directory, not a repo)
|              |- Project C archived subproject A (repo)
etc.

Going to the cgit frontend, I would see the directories (or links) for
Project A, B and C...

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks in advance!
Reuben
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Nesting repositories under a common folder?
@ 2019-07-24 18:40 ` list
From: list @ 2019-07-24 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reuben Popp <reuben.popp at gmail.com> on Wed, 2019/07/24 13:01:
> Hello all,
>
> Excuse me if this has been answered before, but is there a way to nest
> repositories under a common directory visually in cgit?
>
> For example,
>
> root_directory (not a repo)
> |- Project A (directory, not a repo)
> |       |- Project A component 1 (repo)
> |       |- Project A component 2 (repo)
> |- Project B (repo)
> |- Project C (directory, not a repo)
> |       |- Project C subproject AA (repo)
> |       |- Project C subproject AB (repo)
> |       |- Project C Archive (directory, not a repo)
> |              |- Project C archived subproject A (repo)
> etc.
>
> Going to the cgit frontend, I would see the directories (or links) for
> Project A, B and C...

Are you searching for something like config option section-from-path? That
allows just one level, though.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)
* Nesting repositories under a common folder?
@ 2019-07-24 18:43 ` john
From: john @ 2019-07-24 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 01:01:27PM -0500, Reuben Popp wrote:
> Excuse me if this has been answered before, but is there a way to nest
> repositories under a common directory visually in cgit?
>
> For example,
>
> root_directory (not a repo)
> |- Project A (directory, not a repo)
> |       |- Project A component 1 (repo)
> |       |- Project A component 2 (repo)
> |- Project B (repo)
> |- Project C (directory, not a repo)
> |       |- Project C subproject AA (repo)
> |       |- Project C subproject AB (repo)
> |       |- Project C Archive (directory, not a repo)
> |              |- Project C archived subproject A (repo)
> etc.
>
> Going to the cgit frontend, I would see the directories (or links) for
> Project A, B and C...

You can't do exactly this, but you can generate sections from the path
to the repository which adds headings to the list of repositories.  See
"section" and "section-from-path" in cgitrc(5).

For hierarchical paths, it's also possible to view a subset of the tree
by going to (for example) /cgit/directory_a/directory_b/ but I don't
think anything generates links to those sublists.

I remember in the past somewhere had added a custom script to collapse
sections by default, but I can't find a reference for that now.  That
should be reasonably simple by matching on the "reposection" class.

Regards,
John

* Nesting repositories under a common folder?
@ 2019-07-24 19:05   ` reuben.popp
From: reuben.popp @ 2019-07-24 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the reply John,

Excuse me if I sound a bit daft here... can I add javascript to cgit, or
how else would I collapse reposection classes?

Thanks again
Reuben

@ 2019-07-24 19:44     ` john
From: john @ 2019-07-24 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 02:05:38PM -0500, Reuben Popp wrote:
> Excuse me if I sound a bit daft here... can I add javascript to cgit, or
> how else would I collapse reposection classes?

You can use the "head-include" directive in cgitrc to include arbitrary
content in the <head /> element generated by CGit.

Regards,
John