List for cgit developers and users
* cgit and push method
@ 2020-02-26 22:39 me
From: me @ 2020-02-26 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody

First of all, congratulation for this software that gives an easy way to
access repos. I'm using around 5 hours ago and I have quickly found all
the customs options I was espected     ... \o/ ....

Cgit is configured to allow cloning repos. I did not find information
for "push" management so I've tried a push but ... got a DAV lock error.

I am surprised at this behavior because it works if I use git-http-backend.

Looking the network traffic with tcpdump shows me that git does a PROPFIND
resquest when calling to cgit and only GET end POST when calling to
git-http-backend.

In the case of cgit and PROPFIND, cgit returns the html code of the
repo main page instead of the expected xml.

So I have some questions:

- does cgit allow push ?
- Is there a "best practice" to manage repos "backstage": create,
  delete, give read/write acess

Thanks a lot in advance.

-- Fran?ois

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-02-26 22:39 UTC | newest]