List for cgit developers and users
* renamed default branch, no "Idle" value on index at all
@ 2020-08-20 11:07 François Kooman
From: François Kooman @ 2020-08-20 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgit

Hi all,

I switched the default branch from master to main in some of my
repositories. However, it seems cgit does not consider this when
determining "Idle" on the index page. It shows nothing in the column "Idle".

The FAQ [1] has an entry about this, but I am not seeing what the FAQ
describes...I modified the HEAD file in the repository on the server:

# git symbolic-ref HEAD refs/heads/main

Everything seems to work fine, cgit takes "main" as the default branch.
It seems cgit is hard coded to only look at "master" to determine idle
on the index?

I'm running on Debian 10.

ii  cgit           1.2.1+git2.18.0-1 amd64        hyperfast web frontend
for git repositories written in C
ii  git            1:2.20.1-2+deb10u3 amd64        fast, scalable,
distributed revision control system

Cheers,
François

[1] https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/about/faq