List for cgit developers and users
From: Reto <reto@labrat.space>
To: Derek Stevens <nilix@nilfm.cc>
Cc: cgit@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: patches: main as default branch, go gettable
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 17:13:51 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 03:28:00PM -0700, Derek Stevens wrote:
> The first is the trivial change to assume main as the default branch name, as this is the new standard in git.

It's really not. Refer to my other mail for details.
Some hosting sites changed the defaults, yes. However each repo admin
can do whatever they please as far as git is concerned.

> The second and more interesting is to add a <meta> attribute to make a repository go-gettable.

That only makes sense for go repos, you are unconditionally doing that.
While that's probably fine as a local hack it certainly doesn't seem
valid for all of the cgit users.