List for cgit developers and users
* Dumb HTTP & Caching
@ 2020-04-11 21:59
From:  @ 2020-04-11 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm using cgit as a dumb HTTP frontend to my git repositories. And I
noticed that sometimes git push (via ssh) followed by git pull (via
https) will return the revision before the push.

Is it possible, that cgit's caching interferes with pull here? If so, is
there some way to turn it off without disabling caching as a whole?

Thanks and best regards,
Ren?

* Dumb HTTP & Caching
@ 2020-04-11 22:08 ` june
From: june @ 2020-04-11 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Apr 11, 2020, at 17:59, Ren? Neumann <lists at necoro.eu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm using cgit as a dumb HTTP frontend to my git repositories. And I noticed that sometimes git push (via ssh) followed by git pull (via https) will return the revision before the push.
>
> Is it possible, that cgit's caching interferes with pull here? If so, is there some way to turn it off without disabling caching as a whole?

That does seem to be the case in my experience too. I suggest setting
up the ?smart? HTTP transport git-http-backend in parallel with
cgit, which also greatly improves pull/clone speed. You can see how
I set it up in the last section of
<https://text.causal.agency/007-cgit-setup.txt>, ?Update: fast HTTPS
clones?.