List for cgit developers and users
* cgit not displaying file content
@ 2012-02-26 19:21 sjchen
From: sjchen @ 2012-02-26 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have cgit set up with freebsd, gitolite and apache22. Everything looks
fine right now, but for some reason the contents of each file are not being
displayed. The line numbers are correct, clicking on "raw" works correctly,
and the commit messages work correctly but nothing displays when going to
tree > file. Any ideas?

Here is my cgitrc:

http://pastebin.derpify.me/18

this is an example repo:

http://git.sjchen.com/nvmsite/

* cgit not displaying file content
@ 2012-02-26 19:53 ` cgit
From: cgit @ 2012-02-26 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 01:21:32PM -0600, Jon Chen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have cgit set up with freebsd, gitolite and apache22. Everything looks
> fine right now, but for some reason the contents of each file are not being
> displayed. The line numbers are correct, clicking on "raw" works correctly,
> and the commit messages work correctly but nothing displays when going to
> tree > file. Any ideas?

Your source filter is broken :)

@ 2012-02-26 19:53 ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2012-02-26 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26-02-12 20:21, Jon Chen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have cgit set up with freebsd, gitolite and apache22. Everything looks
> fine right now, but for some reason the contents of each file are not being
> displayed. The line numbers are correct, clicking on "raw" works correctly,
> and the commit messages work correctly but nothing displays when going to
> tree>  file. Any ideas?
>
> Here is my cgitrc:
>
> http://pastebin.derpify.me/18
>
> this is an example repo:
>
> http://git.sjchen.com/nvmsite/

 > source-filter=/usr/local/lib/cgit/filters/syntax-highlighting.sh

does your webserver have execute access to this file, do you have
highlight installed, etc..

.. check your logs: apache error logs, selinux logs

--
Ferry Huberts

* cgit not displaying file content
@ 2012-02-27 17:00 ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2012-02-27 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

you can add echo commands to the script. that makes it easy to trace
_if_ the script is run, and if so, where it has a problem.
the output of the echo's will have to go to stdout for you to be able to
see it on the webpage

On 27-02-12 17:32, Jon Chen wrote:
>>> source-filter=/usr/local/lib/cgit/filters/syntax-highlighting.sh
>>
>> does your webserver have execute access to this file, do you have
>> highlight installed, etc..
>>
>> .. check your logs: apache error logs, selinux logs
>
> hmm, I commented out that line in cgitrc and looks like the filter is
> indeed the issue.
>
> I checked, and I do have highlight installed (textproc/highlight)
>
> from httpd-error.log:
>
>> [: index: unexpected operator, referer: http://git.sjchen.com/poundsite/tree/team-poundit-in
>> fatal: Subprocess /usr/local/lib/cgit/filters/syntax-highlighting.sh exited abnormally, referer: http://git.sjchen.com/poundsite/tree/team-poundit-in
>
> I gave apache the correct permissions for the script but it still
> doesn't display the file contents.
> I looked in the bash script, and it says:
>
> # This script requires a shell supporting the ${var##pattern} syntax.
>
> I do have zsh + bash installed on freebsd, but apache is nologin? I'm
> not really sure what that means.
> Could that be the issue? And if so, how would i correct it?

Ferry Huberts

* cgit not displaying file content
@ 2012-02-27 16:32 sjchen
From: sjchen @ 2012-02-27 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)