List for cgit developers and users
* Relative URL for Atom feed announcement
@ 2013-11-30  5:56 nl
From: nl @ 2013-11-30  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks,

rationale for this patch:

* Debian wheezy
* VirtualHost container for git repositories (running under a different
user than www-data using apache2-mpm-itk on port 446)
* include said vhost via reverse proxy in the main https site

Calling the main site, the Atom feed URL gets created as

-------8<---------
<link rel='alternate' title='Atom feed'
href='http://localhost:446/repositories/cgit/[...]'
type='application/atom+xml'/>
-------8<---------

which is obviously useless. As far as I can tell every other URL is
created as relative href, so the attached patch changes the feed URL to
a relative one as well, namely

-------8<---------
<link rel='alternate' title='Atom feed' href='/repositories/cgit/[...]'
type='application/atom+xml'/>
-------8<---------

Thanks!

Cheers,

Daniel
From: Jason @ 2014-01-08 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Daniel,

Apparently there's some issue with firefox and relative atom/rss
<link>s? Can you look into this and confirm/deny first?

Thanks,
Jason

* Relative URL for Atom feed announcement
@ 2014-01-08 16:15   ` nl
From: nl @ 2014-01-08 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jason,

> Apparently there's some issue with firefox and relative atom/rss
> <link>s? Can you look into this and confirm/deny first?

The issue is not with the browser, the URL gets created wrongly by cgit
due to my reverse-proxy setup. (A plain wget to external vhost also
returns the full-qualified http://localhost:446/.... URL)

cu
Daniel

* Relative URL for Atom feed announcement
@ 2014-01-08 16:31     ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2014-01-08 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Daniel Reichelt <nl at nachtgeist.net> wrote:
> The issue is not with the browser, the URL gets created wrongly by cgit
> due to my reverse-proxy setup. (A plain wget to external vhost also
> returns the full-qualified http://localhost:446/.... URL)

What I mean to say is that your patch proposes using a relative href
instead of an absolute one. I was hoping you could check to see
whether or not a relative href in the link meta tag causes problems in
browsers, before I merge this.

* Relative URL for Atom feed announcement
@ 2014-01-08 16:33   ` nl
From: nl @ 2014-01-08 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Apparently there's some issue with firefox and relative atom/rss
> <link>s? Can you look into this and confirm/deny first?

Sry I misunderstood your mail.

I can confirm my patch to work with Debian/Wheezy's Iceweasel (based on
FF 17.0.10) and current FF/Win (26.0)

cu
Daniel