List for cgit developers and users
* Idle time in project overview
@ 2014-01-14 10:50 stefan
From: stefan @ 2014-01-14 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature but I think on this nice
mailing list I could ask without being shot or mutilated. :)

If I have a git repository with multiple branches and I push to another
branch as 'master' the idle time on the project overview is not updated.
I think this behaviour is not correct. When I push to another branch as
master the project is absolutely not in an idle state. I think the idle
time should be updated when I push to any branch.

Stefan

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:50:23AM +0100, Stefan Tatschner wrote:
> I don't know if it is a bug or a feature but I think on this nice
> mailing list I could ask without being shot or mutilated. :)
>
> If I have a git repository with multiple branches and I push to another
> branch as 'master' the idle time on the project overview is not updated.
> I think this behaviour is not correct. When I push to another branch as
> master the project is absolutely not in an idle state. I think the idle
> time should be updated when I push to any branch.

This question comes up periodically.  The answer is to use a hook to
update an "agefile" on push.  The best reference is this message:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.cgit/1059

It would be nice to have that example hook in the repository somewhere
(contrib/hooks/ ?) if someone feels like working up a patch...