List for cgit developers and users
From: nolan at thewordnerd.info (Nolan Darilek)
Subject: Can I get detailed Cgit logs?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:40:40 -0600	[thread overview]

On 02/25/2014 12:08 PM, John Keeping wrote:
> How is CGit able to see the repositories? Unlike Jenkins, CGit does
> not speak any of the Git protocols, it expects to see repositories in
> the file system. Are you Docker containers sharing an underlying
> filesystem, or do you have some external job that is cloning the
> repositories for CGit?

>> Sharing an underlying filesystem, yes. Git repositories are in a volume shared by Gitolite and Cgit.

>> Is there any way to get detailed error logs? I don't see any in my
>> Apache logs, which could mean a misconfiguration on that end. But having
>> access to some sort of detailed error log would be very helpful in
>> debugging this.
> Since CGit is a CGI program, you can just run it and see what happens.
> You may want to export PATH_INFO=/ before doing so to make sure it
> generates the index.
OK, new complicating factor. If I spin up a container that I can
interact with (I.e. running a shell) then running cgit.cgi directly
shows my repositories. If I spin up a non-interactive container (I.e.
running in the background) then I see no repositories. The only
difference between these environments should be the lack of an attached
stdin/stdout.

So is there any way to redirect CGI errors to the Apache error log? I
have the following in my configuration:

   LogLevel info
   CustomLog |cat combined

My assumption is that this will redirect all relevant logs to stdout so
they are visible in the "docker logs" command. But I only see server
accesses, no CGI errors.

Thanks.