List for cgit developers and users
* repo.name re-writes
@ 2020-01-05 18:32 cgit
From: cgit @ 2020-01-05 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or prior on the mailing
list.

I'm using gitolite and cgit together and gitolite is using bare repos
following the convention of `foobar.git` which is then being used as
repo.name.  I was wondering if there's a way to re-write that name so it
would be just `foobar`.

Thanks
Max

* repo.name re-writes
@ 2020-01-05 21:44 ` june
From: june @ 2020-01-05 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Jan 5, 2020, at 13:32, Max Resnick <cgit at mresnick.fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or prior on the mailing
> list.
>
> I'm using gitolite and cgit together and gitolite is using bare repos
> following the convention of `foobar.git` which is then being used as
> repo.name.  I was wondering if there's a way to re-write that name so it
> would be just `foobar`.

remove-suffix
    If set to "1" and scan-path is enabled, if any repositories are
    found with a suffix of ".git", this suffix will be removed for the
    url and name. This must be defined prior to scan-path. Default
    value: "0". See also: scan-path.

* repo.name re-writes
@ 2020-01-05 22:49   ` cgit
From: cgit @ 2020-01-05 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you!

I apparently wasn't using the correct search term in man.