List for cgit developers and users
* New Mailing List
@ 2013-05-13 11:54 Jason
From: Jason @ 2013-05-13 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi folks,

Lars and I have been working together to transition the mailing list
over to some new infrastructure.

The new mailing email address is now:<cgit at lists.zx2c4.com>.

The configuration should be more or less identical, and all
subscribers have been moved over. The old email address will forward
to this new one, so long as Lars keeps his forwarder up and running.

Archives: http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks,
Jason

* New Mailing List
@ 2013-05-13 13:14 ` hjemli
From: hjemli @ 2013-05-13 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> The old email address will forward
> to this new one, so long as Lars keeps his forwarder up and running.

Mail to cgit at hjemli.net is now forwarded to the new list, but I would
advise everyone to start using the new list address.

--
larsh

@ 2013-05-14 11:07   ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2013-05-14 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Lars,

Looks like we're all setup now. The gmane folks have swapped things
over as well. Thanks a bunch for doing that.

The only remaining thing is that googling "cgit" still puts
http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/ as the first result, which is no longer
sync'd against git.zx2c4.com/cgit, and the mailing list items in the
wiki there are also out of date. The same goes for the now
out-of-commission http://hjemli.net/mailman/listinfo/cgit .

Ideally, there would be a HTTP-301 (not 302) forwarder setup for

http://hjemli.net/git/cgit --> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit
http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/(.*) --> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/$1
http://hjemli.net/pipermail/cgit/(.*) -->
http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/$1
http://hjemli.net/mailman/(.*)/cgit --> http://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/$1/cgit
http://hjemli.net/mailman/(.*)/cgit/(.*) -->
http://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/$1/cgit/$2

Which would correct the google search results after a few weeks. This
would be really quite nice.
But whatever works for you is fine.

I understand you're still very busy, so thanks so much for taking the
time to help transition the mailing list.

Jason

* New Mailing List
@ 2013-05-18 15:08     ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2013-05-18 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> Looks like we're all setup now. The gmane folks have swapped things
> over as well. Thanks a bunch for doing that.
>
> The only remaining thing is that googling "cgit" still puts
> http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/ as the first result, which is no longer
> sync'd against git.zx2c4.com/cgit, and the mailing list items in the
> wiki there are also out of date. The same goes for the now
> out-of-commission http://hjemli.net/mailman/listinfo/cgit .
>
> Ideally, there would be a HTTP-301 (not 302) forwarder setup for
>
> http://hjemli.net/git/cgit --> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit
> http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/(.*) --> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/$1
> http://hjemli.net/pipermail/cgit/(.*) -->
> http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/$1
> http://hjemli.net/mailman/(.*)/cgit --> http://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/$1/cgit
> http://hjemli.net/mailman/(.*)/cgit/(.*) -->
> http://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/$1/cgit/$2
>
> Which would correct the google search results after a few weeks. This
> would be really quite nice.
> But whatever works for you is fine.
>
> I understand you're still very busy, so thanks so much for taking the
> time to help transition the mailing list.
>
> Jason

Hi Lars,

Any updates on above?

Jason

* New Mailing List
@ 2013-05-22 10:39       ` hjemli
From: hjemli @ 2013-05-22 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> > The only remaining thing is that googling "cgit" still puts
> > http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/ as the first result, which is no longer
> > sync'd against git.zx2c4.com/cgit, and the mailing list items in the
> > wiki there are also out of date. The same goes for the now

The wiki-branch on hjemli.net now points at zx2c4, and the upstream/*
branches are synched with your repo.

> Ideally, there would be a HTTP-301 (not 302) forwarder setup for
>
> http://hjemli.net/git/cgit --> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit
> http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/(.*) --> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/$1

Sorry, I need my own repo here...

> http://hjemli.net/pipermail/cgit/(.*) -->
> http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/$1
> http://hjemli.net/mailman/(.*)/cgit -->
http://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/$1/cgit
> http://hjemli.net/mailman/(.*)/cgit/(.*) -->
> http://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/$1/cgit/$2

...but I'll add redirects for these urls.

--
larsh
@ 2013-05-22 10:46         ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2013-05-22 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Lars Hjemli <hjemli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I need my own repo here...

Would you consider moving your own to cgit-fork, or something similar?
At least for a little bit while Google adjusts, so that there's less
user confusion?