List for cgit developers and users
* Caching TTL values per repository
@ 2019-10-31 18:41 actionmystique
From: actionmystique @ 2019-10-31 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

I have defined some global cache TTL values in /etc/cgitrc:
cache-dynamic-ttl=0
cache-scanrc-ttl=0
cache-snapshot-ttl=0
cache-static-ttl=1440

For a particular repo <https://git.sdxlive.com/GNS3-Labs-Collection/> which
is not expected to be modified anytime soon and holds many objects, I have
tried to set other values in its own cgitrc:
cache-dynamic-ttl=-1
cache-scanrc-ttl=-1
cache-snapshot-ttl=-1
cache-static-ttl=-1

However, they don't seem effective in the sense that some requests never
seem to be cached at all and can take a very long time to complete; for
instance, its log <https://git.sdxlive.com/GNS3-Labs-Collection/log/>.

- Is this behaviour expected because it is not possible to set cache values
per repository?
- or am I missing something?

--
Jean-Christophe
-------------- next part --------------

* Caching TTL values per repository
@ 2019-11-04 11:27 ` hjemli
From: hjemli @ 2019-11-04 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 7:42 PM jean-christophe manciot
<actionmystique at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have defined some global cache TTL values in /etc/cgitrc:
> For a particular repo which is not expected to be modified anytime soon and holds many objects, I have tried to set other values in its own cgitrc:
> However, they don't seem effective in the sense that some requests never seem to be cached at all and can take a very long time to complete; for instance, its log.
>
> - Is this behaviour expected because it is not possible to set cache values per repository?

Yes, the cache is shared by all repos so this behaviour is expected.

--
larsh