List for cgit developers and users
* Idle time
@ 2013-03-06  0:36 chris
From: chris @ 2013-03-06  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I noticed Jason mentioning about changing the logic behind the idle
time, which reminded me of a small niggle I had when setting up cgit
on my server. Previously I did not store my repos on my own box, I
hosted them all on github. When I moved to cgit, I mirrored them using
`git clone --mirror'. The end result of this was that all of my idle
times became `0 min', despite the last commit times being weeks or
months in the past in some cases. Is this intended?

Best,

Chris

* Idle time
@ 2013-03-06  6:38 ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2013-03-06  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

IMHO, yes
Idle time represents the last time the repo was pushed to.
It does not represent the time of the last commit

On 06/03/13 01:36, Chris Down wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed Jason mentioning about changing the logic behind the idle
> time, which reminded me of a small niggle I had when setting up cgit
> on my server. Previously I did not store my repos on my own box, I
> hosted them all on github. When I moved to cgit, I mirrored them using
> `git clone --mirror'. The end result of this was that all of my idle
> times became `0 min', despite the last commit times being weeks or
> months in the past in some cases. Is this intended?
>
> Best,
>
> Chris

Ferry Huberts

* Idle time
@ 2013-03-06  6:40   ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2013-03-06  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

See also the email from Lars.

You can make it the way you want by using a hook script

On 06/03/13 07:38, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> IMHO, yes
> Idle time represents the last time the repo was pushed to.
> It does not represent the time of the last commit
>
> On 06/03/13 01:36, Chris Down wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I noticed Jason mentioning about changing the logic behind the idle
>> time, which reminded me of a small niggle I had when setting up cgit
>> on my server. Previously I did not store my repos on my own box, I
>> hosted them all on github. When I moved to cgit, I mirrored them using
>> `git clone --mirror'. The end result of this was that all of my idle
>> times became `0 min', despite the last commit times being weeks or
>> months in the past in some cases. Is this intended?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Chris

Ferry Huberts