List for cgit developers and users
* Snapshots not working
@ 2013-02-07  4:18 chris
From: chris @ 2013-02-07  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm trying to get snapshot archives working on cgit, but using the
following in /etc/cgitrc doesn't seem to do anything:

    snapshots=tar tar.gz tar.bz2 zip

You can see the affected site here: http://git.illco.de

I'm using v0.9.1-4-g05da. Is there something else that I'm supposed to
do to get snapshots working?

Best,

Chris

* Snapshots not working
@ 2013-02-07  4:29 ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2013-02-07  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Chris,

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Chris Down <chris at chrisdown.name> wrote:

> I'm using v0.9.1-4-g05da. Is there something else that I'm supposed to
> do to get snapshots working?

http://git.illco.de/clarity/snapshot/clarity-master.zip appears to
work fine. But I don't see the links in the HTML. Do you have cache
settings that are really aggressive that are caching the old HTML?
(Try deleting that cache directory, if so.) Or do you have a per-repo
setting that's disabling it?

Jason

* Snapshots not working
@ 2013-02-07  5:06   ` chris
From: chris @ 2013-02-07  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jason,

AFAIK I don't have any caching (at least, I have no caching set up in
nginx or fastcgi). This issue even occurred before I had any branches
other than "master", too, so I don't think it can be a cache issue
since those have since appeared in cgit (although I'm more than
willing to be proved wrong about that).

Here's how my /etc/cgitrc looks:

--

virtual-root=/
scan-path=/home/git

--

And here's my nginx config for cgit:

--

server {
    listen 80;

    location ~* ^.+\.(css|png|ico)$ {
        root /var/www/cgit;
        expires 30d;
    }

    location / {
        rewrite ^/([^?/]+/[^?]*)?(?:\?(.*))?$ /cgit?url=$1&$2 last;

        include "fastcgi_params";

        fastcgi_param    DOCUMENT_ROOT    /var/www/cgit;
        fastcgi_param    SCRIPT_FILENAME  /var/www/cgit/cgit.cgi;
    }

    access_log /var/log/nginx/cgit.access.log combined;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/cgit.error.log warn;
}

--

Chris

On 7 February 2013 12:29, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Chris Down <chris at chrisdown.name> wrote:
>>

>> I'm using v0.9.1-4-g05da. Is there something else that I'm supposed to
>> do to get snapshots working?
>>

> http://git.illco.de/clarity/snapshot/clarity-master.zip appears to
> work fine. But I don't see the links in the HTML. Do you have cache
> settings that are really aggressive that are caching the old HTML?
> (Try deleting that cache directory, if so.) Or do you have a per-repo
> setting that's disabling it?
>
> Jason

* Snapshots not working
@ 2013-02-07  7:01     ` hjemli
From: hjemli @ 2013-02-07  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Chris Down <chris at chrisdown.name> wrote:
> Here's how my /etc/cgitrc looks:
>
> virtual-root=/
> scan-path=/home/git
> snapshots=tar tar.gz tar.bz2 zip

Since snapshots are specified after scan-path, the setting will not be honored.

--
larsh

* Snapshots not working
@ 2013-02-07  7:08       ` chris
From: chris @ 2013-02-07  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

That fixed it, thank you! Should this be mentioned in the
documentation for "scan-path" perhaps? I see "this must be defined
prior to scan-path" elsewhere, but not there.

Thanks,

Chris

On 7 February 2013 15:01, Lars Hjemli <hjemli at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Chris Down <chris at chrisdown.name> wrote:
>> Here's how my /etc/cgitrc looks:
>>
>> virtual-root=/
>> scan-path=/home/git
>> snapshots=tar tar.gz tar.bz2 zip
>
> Since snapshots are specified after scan-path, the setting will not be honored.
>
> --
> larsh

* Snapshots not working
@ 2013-02-07  7:08         ` chris
From: chris @ 2013-02-07  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Er, for snapshots, not scan-path.

Chris

On 7 February 2013 15:08, Chris Down <chris at chrisdown.name> wrote:
> That fixed it, thank you! Should this be mentioned in the
> documentation for "scan-path" perhaps? I see "this must be defined
> prior to scan-path" elsewhere, but not there.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> On 7 February 2013 15:01, Lars Hjemli <hjemli at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Chris Down <chris at chrisdown.name> wrote:
>>> Here's how my /etc/cgitrc looks:
>>>
>>> virtual-root=/
>>> scan-path=/home/git
>>> snapshots=tar tar.gz tar.bz2 zip
>>
>> Since snapshots are specified after scan-path, the setting will not be honored.
>>
>> --
>> larsh

* Snapshots not working
@ 2013-02-07  8:18       ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2013-02-07  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Lars

Good to have you back!

On 07/02/13 08:01, Lars Hjemli wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Chris Down <chris at chrisdown.name> wrote:
>> Here's how my /etc/cgitrc looks:
>>
>> virtual-root=/
>> scan-path=/home/git
>> snapshots=tar tar.gz tar.bz2 zip
>
> Since snapshots are specified after scan-path, the setting will not be honored.
>
> --
> larsh

Ferry Huberts