List for cgit developers and users
* Adding short commit id to repo Log tab
@ 2018-04-11  9:00 thevlad
From: thevlad @ 2018-04-11  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I think adding short (7 chars) commit id to repository Log tab output
might be more useful than file or line count..

I have examined the code, it it not easy to add an extra column
to the output.

Would you suggest ways how to implement this?

/v
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Adding short commit id to repo Log tab
@ 2018-06-16 16:21 ` john
From: john @ 2018-06-16 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for the delay responding.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:00:28PM +0300, Vlad wrote:
> I think adding short (7 chars) commit id to repository Log tab output
> might be more useful than file or line count..
>
> I have examined the code, it it not easy to add an extra column
> to the output.
>
> Would you suggest ways how to implement this?

I'm not sure I agree that this is useful, but personally I wouldn't be
opposed to adding this if the code is simple.

I don't think it's hard to do, you just need to add a new <th> element
in cgit_print_log() and then write the <tr> element in print_commit(),
making sure that columns is also adjusted.  All of the code should be in
ui-log.c unless you add a config switch to enable this feature..

* Adding short commit id to repo Log tab
@ 2018-06-17 21:00   ` thevlad
From: thevlad @ 2018-06-17 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, thank you.