List for cgit developers and users
* about-filter in chroot on OpenBSD (httpd + slowcgi)
@ 2021-03-28  5:35 Paul W. Rankin
       [not found] ` <87sg4fpulm.fsf@oscarnajera.com>
From: Paul W. Rankin @ 2021-03-28  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgit

Hello,

I'm running cgit on OpenBSD with httpd + slowcgi and can't seem to get
the about-filter to work. Both httpd and slowcgi run in the default
chroot of /var/www.

I've compiled lowdown with "-static -pie" to /var/www/bin/lowdown
(chroot /bin/lowdown) with permissions:

     -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  bin  1325512 Mar  4 01:38 /var/www/bin/lowdown

In my cgitrc (cgit.conf):

     about-filter=/bin/lowdown
     readme=:README.md

However, upon visiting an About page of a repo that includes a
README.md, I get only a blank page and the following is logged in
error.log:

     lowdown: README.md: No such file or directory

Here's the cgit server section in httpd.conf:

	server "git.bydasein.com" {
			listen on * port 80
			listen on * tls port 443
			root "/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi"
			tls {
					certificate "/etc/ssl/bydasein.com.fullchain.pem"
					key "/etc/ssl/private/bydasein.com.key"
			}
			location "/.well-known/acme-challenge/*" {
					root "/acme"
					request strip 2
			}
			location "/robots.txt" {
					root "/htdocs/git.bydasein.com"
					no fastcgi
			}
			location "/favicon.ico" {
					root "/htdocs/git.bydasein.com"
					no fastcgi
			}
			location "/cgit.css" {
					root "/htdocs/git.bydasein.com"
					no fastcgi
			}
			location "/custom.css" {
					root "/htdocs/git.bydasein.com"
					no fastcgi
			}
			fastcgi {
					socket "/run/slowcgi.sock"
					param CGIT_CONFIG "/conf/cgit.conf"
			}
	}

I'm pretty sure I can have this work if I disable the chroot in httpd
and/or slowcgi, but I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require that.

Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone managed to get cgit running on
OpenBSD using httpd + slowcgi with chroot enabled?

Thanks for your time :)

--
Paul W. Rankin
https://bydasein.com

The single best thing you can do for the world is delete your social
media accounts.