List for cgit developers and users
* cgit dependencies
@ 2020-10-19  3:09 Sukma Wardana
From: Sukma Wardana @ 2020-10-19  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgit

Hi,

I just installed cgit on my Slackware VPS, everything is work well.
However, I couldn't make the about-formatting.sh and email-gravatar.lua work.

So, far I already installed Lua 5.1 & luaossl-20170903, but it's keep give error.
So, do I install the correct version of Lua and lua ossl?

For the about-formatting.sh what kind of requirements to enable this feature?

I already read the README and cgitrc.5.txt, but can't find the answer for my problem.

Please kindly advice how to solve my problem.

Cheers,
Sukma Wardana

* Re: cgit dependencies
@ 2020-10-19 12:39 ` Mateja Maric
From: Mateja Maric @ 2020-10-19 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sukma Wardana, cgit

Check out comments in
https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/filters/about-formatting.sh for
about-formatting dependencies.
Hope this helps!

On 10/19/20 5:09 AM, Sukma Wardana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed cgit on my Slackware VPS, everything is work well.
> However, I couldn't make the about-formatting.sh and email-gravatar.lua work.
>
> So, far I already installed Lua 5.1 & luaossl-20170903, but it's keep give error.
> So, do I install the correct version of Lua and lua ossl?
>
> For the about-formatting.sh what kind of requirements to enable this feature?
>
> I already read the README and cgitrc.5.txt, but can't find the answer for my problem.
>
> Please kindly advice how to solve my problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Sukma Wardana

* Re: cgit dependencies
@ 2020-10-19 13:14 ` Pedro Lucas Porcellis
From: Pedro Lucas Porcellis @ 2020-10-19 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sukma Wardana; +Cc: cgit

Hi Sukma,
> For the about-formatting.sh what kind of requirements to enable this
> feature?

I've sent a patch some time ago, improving the documentation on how to
enable this feature, although it was not merged yet, is available here:

https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/2020-September/004541.html

* Re: cgit dependencies
@ 2020-10-20  3:16   ` Sukma Wardana
From: Sukma Wardana @ 2020-10-20  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mateja Maric; +Cc: cgit

Hi Mateja,

Actually, I already saw the comment for about formatting. Just curious the require python version is 2.x or 3.x?
Also what version use for these dependencies:

* markdown-python
* docutils

Cheers,
sukma

Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 at 7:39 PM
From: "Mateja Maric" <mail@matejamaric.com>
To: "Sukma Wardana" <sukma.wardana@mail.com>, cgit@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: cgit dependencies
Check out comments in
https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/filters/about-formatting.sh for
about-formatting dependencies.
Hope this helps!

On 10/19/20 5:09 AM, Sukma Wardana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed cgit on my Slackware VPS, everything is work well.
> However, I couldn't make the about-formatting.sh and email-gravatar.lua work.
>
> So, far I already installed Lua 5.1 & luaossl-20170903, but it's keep give error.
> So, do I install the correct version of Lua and lua ossl?
>
> For the about-formatting.sh what kind of requirements to enable this feature?
>
> I already read the README and cgitrc.5.txt, but can't find the answer for my problem.
>
> Please kindly advice how to solve my problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Sukma Wardana

* Re: cgit dependencies
@ 2020-10-20 14:35     ` Mateja Maric
From: Mateja Maric @ 2020-10-20 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sukma Wardana; +Cc: cgit

There are versions of those dependencies in both Python 2 and 3 (at
least there are in Debian repositories).
However you should probably stick to Python 3, since Python 2 is not
supported anymore.