Computer Old Farts Forum
From: rtomek at ceti.pl (Tomasz Rola)
Subject: [COFF] [TUHS] Topics...
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 16:33:40 +0200	[thread overview]

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 08:11:43PM -0600, Grant Taylor via TUHS wrote:
> On 7/6/20 7:30 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> >People (not just Clem), when you change the topic, can you please
> >modify the Subject: to match?  I'm not overly interested in uucp,
> >but editors are a completely different matter.  I'm sure I'm not
> >the only one, so many interested parties will miss these replies.
>
> I see this type of change happen — in my not so humble opinion —
> /way/ /too/ /often/.
>
> So, I'm wondering if people are interested in configuring TUHS and /
> or COFF mailing list (Mailman) with topics.  That way people could
> subscribe to the topics that they are interested in and not receive
> copies of topics they aren't interested in.
[...]
> I'm just trying to gauge people's interest in this idea.

I would not care. I would want to get everything, because one day my
interests could change (I might want to know what people said about
editors, for example :-) ) and who knows, maybe a list would be gone
already. I even archive the spam, just in case I want to do some big
data stuff on it one day. My yearly mailbox is on par with two cdroms,
so any savings would be rather minimal.

And boy, the more the better. Just think about those scripts to
process (hundred) thousands of mails. Displaying stuff on text
terminal. Green text terminal emulator. Better than norp, if you ask
me. Actually, this is norp.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola