Computer Old Farts Forum
From: rtomek at ceti.pl (Tomasz Rola)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 21:58:18 +0100	[thread overview]

Howdy,

Perhaps this is off topic for this list, if so, apologies in advance.

Or perhaps this will be of interest to some who do not trace yet
another mailing list out there :-).

Two days ago I received a notice that bugtraq would be terminated, and
archive shut down on 31st this month. Only then I realized (looking at
the archive also helped a bit in this) that last post to bugtraq
happened in the last days of Feb 2020. After that, eleven months of
nothing, and shutdown notice. It certainly was not because of list
being shunned, because I have seen posters on other lists cc-ing to
bt, yet their posts never went that route (apparently) and I suppose
they were not postponed either. If they were, I would now get an
eleven months worth of it. But no.

Too bad. I liked bt, even if I had not followed every post.

Today, a notice that they would not terminate bt (after second
thought, as they wrote). And a fresh post from yesterday.

But what could possibly explain an almost year long gap? Their
computers changed owners last year, and maybe someone switched the
flip, were fired, nobody switched it on again? Or something else?

Just wondering.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola