Computer Old Farts Forum
From: gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Subject: [COFF] Knuth
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 11:32:40 -0600

On 8/3/20 11:13 AM, Dan Cross wrote:
> When I was in the US Marine Corps, an infantryman once told me that
> a US$200 pair of boots wasn't just an expensive pair of boots, but
> an investment in one's feet.

A friend of mine said something similar when he spent personal money to
put an SSD into his work notebook computer years ago.

"It was an investment in myself.  I spend 8-12 hours 5 (or more) days a
week on my work notebook.  So I spent ~150 to make my life better."

I ended up doing similar within a couple of months.

It was definitely worth it.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die