Computer Old Farts Forum
From: gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net (Grant Taylor)
Subject: [COFF] UUCP on macOS / *BSD
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 21:50:07 -0600	[thread overview]

On 6/29/20 9:46 PM, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> And BTW, looking how they did it on systems where things worked might
> give you a clue, too. For example, when you install a package, there
> might be a script setting thing up in a correct way.

Agreed.  I have four systems in this current micro UUCP network, one
Ubuntu and three Gentoo, all working happily with each other.

The macOS system that I am working on adding to the mix is the cranky
one.  And even then, it's only cranky if you don't sweet talk it.  If
you do sweet talk it, it works like it should.

Here, sweet talk means adding "-r" to uuto and uucp, then calling uucico
as the UUCP user.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die