On 12/25/21 10:39 AM, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote: > I might be the only living one who has the expansion of $? in $PS1. It's not $PS1, but I do have $? in my Zsh $RPROMPT. I used to have $? in $PS1 before switching to $RPROMPT. > (And who's "~/.shrc" gives a _somewhat_ portable PS1 with > last-component-of HOSTNAME and PWD.) I'd like to know more. I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but portability across platforms (OSs / architectures) is much less of an issue for me than it was in my last job. Now I mostly worry about Linux and FreeBSD. Admittedly, some really old versions. -- Grant. . . . unix || die