Computer Old Farts Forum
From: Bakul Shah <bakul@iitbombay.org>
To: Larry McVoy <lm@mcvoy.com>
Cc: Computer Old Farts Followers <coff@tuhs.org>
Subject: Re: [COFF] Tonight's epiphany
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 20:30:12 -0800	[thread overview]

Companies like Wave Computing built devices using NCL
(null convention logic) which are self-timed. If you
vary temp & voltage, results may come slower or faster
but always correct. There is even a clockless RISC-V
design called Aristotle. But there may be practical
issues that could've made bringing this technology to
market difficult. scj can tell you more as he was
involved in Wave Computing.

There may be other companies but I have not kept track.