Computer Old Farts Forum
From: clemc at ccc.com (Clem Cole)
Subject: [COFF] [TUHS] screen editors
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 15:01:34 -0500	[thread overview]

Steffen - I think your reply just proved my point.  I am as asking people
what they really value/what they really need.  Clearly, you and I value
different things.  And that is fine.  You can disagree with my choices, but
accept it is what *I value*, and I understand *you value something
different*.

FWIW: I will not identify who sent it me because he sent it to me
privately, but someone else commented to me on my post that I had nailed
it.  He observed  "I see this sort of not respecting other people's choices
as a general trend these days. We want tolerance for our *views* but at the
same time, we are becoming more intolerant of *other* people's views!"

For a smile, this was yesterdays comic and expresses the issue well:
https://www.comicskingdom.com/brilliant-mind-of-edison-lee/2020-01-08