Fair enough. ᐧ On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 3:17 PM wrote: > Clem Cole wrote: > > > I'm sure it was used in many other ways, but that was certainly one > scheme > > we used at UCB when wnj added them. Again check the 4.2 docs, where the > > BSD group scheme is explained. This did seem useful and System V picked > > it up also fairly soon after BSD released it to the world, and > fortunately > > did not change the BSD semantics. > > Not so soon, really. The new group scheme was widely released with > 4.2 BSD (~ 1983). System V didn't pick up multiple groups until > System V Release 4, circa 1989. > > Arnold >