Computer Old Farts Forum
From: Paul Riley <paul@rileyriot.com>
To: coff@minnie.tuhs.org
Subject: [COFF] Bootstrap for Sykes 7000 Twin Floppy Drive Unit
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 16:55:36 +1100	[thread overview]

I think I've posted this question before, perhaps on TUHS, but I'll ask
again.

I have a PDP-11/03 with a Sykes Twin 8" Floppy Drive unit. It has it's own
controller card, so I'm not sure if it's RX01/RX02 compatible. Problem is,
I need a bootstrap program for it. I can't find a technical manual for it,
so I'm stuck.

I see the source for LSX has a driver for the Sykes, so I may be able to
install and mount it on MX, which I'm preparing with Noel's help for my
machine, without booting from it. I'm hoping that Heinz, or someone who had
a Sykes drive in that era still has the bootstrap code.

Paul

*Paul Riley*