Computer Old Farts Forum
From: cowan at ccil.org (John Cowan)
Subject: [COFF] [TUHS] Topics...
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 11:26:42 -0400	[thread overview]

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:39 AM Alan D. Salewski <salewski at att.net> wrote:

> I'm just trying to gauge people's interest in this idea.
>
> My preference would be to keep things the way they are.
>
> I want to receive all list messages; I would not want to switch to an
> arrangement where I was in danger of missing messages because my list
> preferences config became a little stale.

Very much +1.  Part of the trouble is that Gmail and similar clients don't
routinely show you the Subject: line to make it easy to edit it; you have
to take affirmative action when you want to change the subject matter.

It's the old, old story.  Droid meets droid.  Droid becomes chameleon.
Droid loses chameleon, chameleon becomes blob, droid gets blob back
again.  It's a classic tale.  --Kryten, Red Dwarf