Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] Topics...
@ 2020-07-07  2:11 gtaylor
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: gtaylor @ 2020-07-07  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7/6/20 7:30 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> People (not just Clem), when you change the topic, can you please
> modify the Subject: to match?  I'm not overly interested in uucp,
> but editors are a completely different matter.  I'm sure I'm not the
> only one, so many interested parties will miss these replies.

I see this type of change happen — in my not so humble opinion — /way/
/too/ /often/.

So, I'm wondering if people are interested in configuring TUHS and / or
COFF mailing list (Mailman) with topics.  That way people could
subscribe to the topics that they are interested in and not receive
copies of topics they aren't interested in.

I'm assuming that TUHS and COFF are still on Mailman mailing lists and
that Warren would be amicable to such.

To clarify, it would still be the same mailing list(s) as they exist
today.  They would just have the to be utilized option of picking
interesting topics.  Where topics would be based on keywords in the
message body.

I'm just trying to gauge people's interest in this idea.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die