On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 10:32 PM Theodore Ts'o wrote: > Speaking of typesetting equations, how would people compare eqn versus > LaTeX? I used nroff for man pages, but I never did learn how to use > eqn for nroff. > I hate to be the one who says this, but when it comes to typesetting non-trivial mathematics, there is no competition: LaTeX beats eqn hands down. eqn is fine up to a point (and the neqn thing is kinda nifty for simple things on the terminal; you can kinda sorta get a rendered sigma for a summation, for example) but it breaks down pretty quickly. - Dan C.