Computer Old Farts Forum
From: rudi.j.blom at gmail.com (Rudi Blom)
Subject: [COFF] [TUHS] cut, paste, join, etc. (Grant Taylor)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 09:33:41 +0700	[thread overview]

I've been maintaining a customer's application which uses C-ISAM as
database interface  on SCOUNIX, TRU64 and HP-UX. Simple and above all
in 'C' ! As wiki says

"IBM still recommends the use of the Informix Standard Engine for
embedded applications"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Informix_C-ISAM

Mind you, the page hasn't seen significant changes since 2006 :-)

Of course not having C-ISAM as a shared library can make executables a
bit big unless included in a custom made shared library which I never
really tried on SCOUNIX, but did on the newer UNIXes. A diskette used
on SCOUNIX for certain offline salvage actions just isn't 'spacious'
enough.

Cheers,
uncle rubl
.

--
The more I learn the better I understand I know nothing.