Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] [TUHS] cut, paste, join, etc. (Grant Taylor)
@ 2021-02-21  2:33 rudi.j.blom
From: rudi.j.blom @ 2021-02-21  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been maintaining a customer's application which uses C-ISAM as
database interface  on SCOUNIX, TRU64 and HP-UX. Simple and above all
in 'C' ! As wiki says

"IBM still recommends the use of the Informix Standard Engine for
embedded applications"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Informix_C-ISAM

Mind you, the page hasn't seen significant changes since 2006 :-)

Of course not having C-ISAM as a shared library can make executables a
bit big unless included in a custom made shared library which I never
really tried on SCOUNIX, but did on the newer UNIXes. A diskette used
on SCOUNIX for certain offline salvage actions just isn't 'spacious'
enough.

Cheers,
uncle rubl
.

--
The more I learn the better I understand I know nothing.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-21  2:33 UTC | newest]