On Fri, Feb 10, 2023, 3:12 AM Lars Brinkhoff wrote: > Jonathan Gray wrote: > >> Any chance this DOS supdup software is still around? > > > > https://web.mit.edu/Saltzer/www/publications/pcip-1985.pdf > > http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/MIT/pc-ip/ > > Great, thanks! > > It's a bit sad to read in supdup.mss "Unfortunately, very few machines > have TCP/Supdup servers. The only servers known to us are on Mit-MC and > Su-AI, and 4.2 Unix machines running a server we distribute." At this > point, three old ITS machines had recently fallen over, one after the > other, and MC was the only one left standing. But not long after, four > new ones would appear. One of which is still up and running! > I wonder if this was the same supdup that the early BSDs used to distribute their source in the 90s .. Warner >