Moving to COFF, but Brian Dear's "The Friendly Orange Glow", about Plato, talks a lot about some of the cool stuff happening in the middle of the country. https://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Orange-Glow-Untold-Cyberculture/dp/1101973633/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= And later, of course, NCSA Mosaic. On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 4:15 PM Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: > On Tuesday, 11 January 2022 at 14:34:16 -0500, John Cowan wrote: > > On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 1:37 PM Dan Cross wrote: > >> It seems like Unix is largely a child of the coasts. > > > > We can add the eastern coast of Australia, where the original > > Wollongong group made the first V6 port to the Interdata 7/32 (not > > to be confused with the Labs port to the 8/32). > > To be fair, in the case of Australia almost everybody is on the east > coast, though we have had our share of FreeBSD core team members from > the "west coast" (which is really only Perth). > > Greg > -- > Sent from my desktop computer. > Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key. > See complete headers for address and phone numbers. > This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft mail program > reports problems, please read http://lemis.com/broken-MUA.php >