I mean let's look at this logically. We only have six possibilities: AWK: well, it won. It's easy to pronounce. It does sound like an extinct flightless bird, which is helpful in a world in which ORA is going to come along with its distinctive product line book covers. AKW: unpronounceable, but probably would have turned into "ak-dub". Nah. KWA: I like this one. But then I'm a fan of Waiting For Godot. KAW: Well, yeah, the ORA cover would have been a crow. Just about as good as AWK, really. WKA: "wocka wocka" is the noise Pac-man makes. Unfortunately the program predated the video game by three years. Would have been a great ORA cover though. WAK: "This language is WAK" would have been excellent marketing. I'm a little sorry this one didn't win. Adam On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 2:49 AM Harald Arnesen wrote: > > Dan Cross [25/07/2022 02.33]: > > > `akw` seems like the most promising alternative, for > > no other reason than that the initials are alphabetized. > > `kaw` feels a bit silly, sounding like the noise that a > > crow makes. > > > > I suspect "awk" was the closest to pronounceable > > without seeming unduly goofy. > > Whether a crow cries "kaw" or "awk" is open to discussion...in > Norwegian, it says "kra". > > I have always thought the name was a play on the bird "auk". The Book > even has a picture of this creature on the cover. > -- > Hilsen Harald >