Computer Old Farts Forum
From: peter at rulingia.com (Peter Jeremy)
Subject: [COFF] [TUHS] cut, paste, join, etc.
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 18:32:24 +1100

=> COFF since it's left Unix history behind.

On 2021-Feb-16 21:08:15 -0700, Grant Taylor via TUHS <tuhs at minnie.tuhs.org> wrote:
>I like SQLite and Berkeley DB in that they don't require a full RDBMS
>running.  Instead, an application can load what it needs and access the
>DB itself.

I also like SQLite and use it quite a lot.  It is a full RDBMS, it
just runs inside the client instead of being a separate backend
server.  (BDB is a straight key:value store).

>I don't remember how many files SQLite uses to store a DB.

One file.  I often ship SQLite DB files between systems for various
reasons and agree that the "one file" is much easier that a typical RDBMS.

--
Peter Jeremy