On 2021-Jun-16 10:35:39 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote: >Seen in my calendar yesterday: > > Jun 15 UNIVAC I delivered to the Census Bureau, 1951 > >70 years! And Unix has been around for nearly 52 of those years. > >Amusingly, though, the next entry is: > > Jun 16 First publicized programming error at Census Bureau, 1951 > >Which suggests that they were able to install the machine and getting >it running in only one day. The one day difference strikes me as extremely unlikely. It might be useful to look into references to verify those dates. For an alternative view, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEO_(computer) says LEO 1 carried out "a simple test program" on 1951-02-15, though it didn't start running the intended business applications until September. -- Peter Jeremy