Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] Thank you all for your civility
@ 2024-06-22  0:33 Warren Toomey via COFF
From: Warren Toomey via COFF @ 2024-06-22  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs, coff; +Cc: Warren Toomey

All, recently I saw on Bruce Schneier "Cryptogram" blog that he has had
to change the moderation policy due to toxic comments:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2024/06/new-blog-moderation-policy.html

So I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your civility
and respect for others on the TUHS and COFF lists. The recent systemd
and make discussions have highlighted significant differences between
people's experiences and opinions. Nonetheless, apart from a few pointed
comments, the discussions have been polite and informative.

These lists have been in use for decades now and, thankfully, I've
only had to unsubscribe a handful of people for offensive behaviour.
That's a testament to the calibre of people who are on the lists.

Cheers and thank you again,
	Warren

P.S. I'm a happy Devuan (non-systemd) user for many years now.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-06-22  0:36 UTC | newest]