On 2/29/2020 8:12 AM, emanuel stiebler wrote: > On 2020-02-28 18:22, William Pechter wrote: > >> I used to be the guy who >> at the most desperate would get Kermit over a 3 wire interface to allow >> data transfer between different systems.  Or UUCP on ms-dos... >> >> Something about jack of all trades. > Kermit seems to be or was(?) the Swiss army knife of communications. > Or the 9-track tape ... > ;-) > > You technically haven't lived until you use an acoustic coupler, a cassette tape recorder and a wire tap to record 300 baud modem tones as you type out files on a PDP-10 somewhere... And then play that tape back to your own computer and that same modem, and save it to floppy. It's how I saved LOGO.MAC from somewhere on the ARPANET back in the early-to-mid 80's. ;) art k.