On Sun, 8 Mar 2020, Warner Losh wrote: > That's why I got a kyroflux...  too hard to find an old enough pc that > the floppy controller supports the full range of crazy that once roamed > the earth... There were also many devious copy protection schemes used for games etc. One common one was to punch a hole in a known sector (!) and if you didn't get a read error when accessing it then it was an illegal copy; another was to store data in an otherwise unreachable sector e.g. track 41 on a 40 track disk... In short, good luck :-) Hmmm... I just looked up the KryoFlux, and it's a fascinating device; it actually gets right down to the flux level! I've never seen a 3" disk before though. -- Dave