On 2/7/19 12:28 PM, Michael Kjörling wrote: > While different, I think that the introduction of the more advanced > IPv6 address formats into DNS also qualifies. I don't recall off hand if > bit-string labels (which were used for reverse lookups) or the A6 RRtype > (for forward lookups) was the more problematic one, but I do recall that > both had issues that made real-world adoption non-trivial in the best > of cases. Middle boxes that (mis)interpret DNS traffic are still a problem. Admittedly less of a problem. I suspect even less after the DNS Flag Day we recently had. -- Grant. . . . unix || die -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: smime.p7s Type: application/pkcs7-signature Size: 4008 bytes Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature URL: