* Bugfix [sgnus0.15]
@ 1995-11-26 15:06 Jens Lautenbacher
From: Jens Lautenbacher @ 1995-11-26 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following trivial patch makes it possible to read ALL killed
groups or the WHOLE active file despite of the setting of
gnus-read-active-file.  Until now, a setting of gnus-active-file to
'some would have prevented accessing the whole active file.

[I made this after applying Steve's patches]

*** gnus.el	Sun Nov 26 15:55:51 1995
--- gnus.el~	Sun Nov 26 00:46:18 1995
***************
*** 5474,5480 ****
  If ARG is non-nil, list ALL killed groups known to Gnus.  This may
  entail asking the server for the groups."
    (interactive "P")
-   (let ((gnus-read-active-file t))
    ;; Find all possible killed newsgroups if arg.
    (when arg
      ;; First make sure active file has been read.
--- 5474,5479 ----
***************
*** 5503,5509 ****
        (funcall gnus-group-prepare-function
  	       gnus-level-killed t gnus-level-killed))
      (goto-char (point-min)))
!   (gnus-group-position-point)))

  (defun gnus-group-list-zombies ()
    "List all zombie newsgroups in the group buffer."
--- 5502,5508 ----
        (funcall gnus-group-prepare-function
  	       gnus-level-killed t gnus-level-killed))
      (goto-char (point-min)))
!   (gnus-group-position-point))

  (defun gnus-group-list-zombies ()
    "List all zombie newsgroups in the group buffer."
***************
*** 5520,5526 ****
    "List all groups that are available from the server(s)."
    (interactive)
    ;; First we make sure that we have really read the active file.
-   (let ((gnus-read-active-file t))
    (or gnus-have-read-active-file
        (gnus-read-active-file))
    ;; Find all groups and sort them.
--- 5519,5524 ----
***************
*** 5539,5545 ****
      (while groups
        (gnus-group-insert-group-line-info (car groups))
        (setq groups (cdr groups)))
!     (goto-char (point-min)))))

  (defun gnus-group-get-new-news (&optional arg)
    "Get newly arrived articles.
--- 5537,5543 ----
      (while groups
        (gnus-group-insert-group-line-info (car groups))
        (setq groups (cdr groups)))
!     (goto-char (point-min))))

  (defun gnus-group-get-new-news (&optional arg)
    "Get newly arrived articles.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-11-26 15:06 UTC | newest]